I’ve only spent 12 hours on it so far, and it sort of works if you ignore the fact that Drag and Drop won’t work an the progress bar doesn’t appear / update or that it doesn’t close the upload popup at some point, but if you’re willing to apply some manual intervention it will upload a file eventually and it will (after you’ve closed the upload dialog and refreshed the page…) display the new item.
Annoying, I imagine that something I’ve done in bootstrap or angular has had an impact on it but I don’t know and have just had to abandon it for now, maybe it’s the modal? maybe it’s some weird local issue, either way I’ll have to come back to it.
Some lessons learned
I also learnt that at my level of skill, using someone else’s complicated library for stuff is a bit hit and miss, especially if it requires working with multiple technologies that I’m also not familiar with…
In short at least by writing it my self / re-writing it from other’s examples I had some time to digest it and understand it, of course it doesn’t work but I fell better for having a go :) I am still relatively hopeful that in a few months this will all be second nature, but which time I would have probably forgotten all the ruby I know :)
Anyway, a short one today, more programming tomorrow and hopefully after another full day I would have the upload box working.